Monday, July 9, 2012

July Market Day - Part 1

Saturday's Paris Street Market turned out to be a real treat. I found several noteworthy and creative items. So many, in fact, that I am going to split up this event into more than one segment because I have so much to show you.  Today's post is about the vintage hanky treasures I found! Pictured here is, Pat, the best linens vendor at the market. She has tablecloths, aprons, doilies, hankies, dresser cloths, runners, antique items and quilts. And...Pat expertly launders and presses each and every one.




Just a sampling of her tablecloths. Notice the tables of linens in the background.














Here are three silk beauties from Pat.Yes - I said silk...and she told me that you can carefully wash these silk hankies. I have had another for quite some time that I was afraid to wash for fear it would fall apart.




 Here is a composite picture of the lovely white hankies I found. Among them are many different types of lace and hand work. You can click on the picture to zoom in for a closer look.


And last, but not least, here is a group shot of the colored hankies I chose. There is Christmas and Valentines, Paris and Scotland, crocheted and tatted edges, plaids and flowers, plain and polka dotted; and even a round one with cherries. I can't wait to create some of the cutest dresses I've made yet.

Part 2 from the Paris coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from my readers!