Thursday, December 12, 2013

Creative Uses for Antique Doors


I couldn't help but notice all the creative ways the vendors at the recent Rue de Noel Paris Market used antique doors. Following are a few of my favorites.



Patrice and Anita of  The Checkered Corner created this spectacular piece of door furniture.
Notice it says, "Cheers" on the glass.
Every old door is unique in its own way.


 Look at this lovely wreath display arranged on hinged antique doors.

Love those light bulb wreaths!
































Metal brackets at the base of this wired screen door make this display free standing. Perfect for this vendors clever upcycled word signs.







2 comments:

  1. How funny--I clicked over to your blog today from Magpie Ethel's post about her puzzle hankie only to find a picture of ME! :) I'm the 8-months-pregnant one in the striped black and white sweater. Rue de Noel 2013 was SO much fun, that was the first time I've done it and I'm hoping to do it this year too (2014 was out due to a baby and a deployed husband). I absolutely remember your gorgeous hanky dresses at the Vandel booth. How fun to 'meet' you!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember taking your picture. Did you have a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from my readers!