Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Little Valentine Play Time

I was in the mood to play today. So I decided to put together some Valentine's Day decorations using a couple of my Hanky Dress patterns. I selected a few hankies from my stash, folded up the tablecloth and let the fun begin. Shown here are Pattern No. 105/106 and  Pattern No. 107/108. I printed one out on red card stock and one on white. A little red and white paint, a couple small paint brushes and a little red ribbon, and I was good to go.



A few simple hearts and some polka dots  in basic red and white were all I used to decorate these bodices. They were then cut out with a pair of small scissors. Here are the tops ready for attaching to their respective hanky skirts.

The hankies are attached with a little ribbon with no sewing involved.

The vintage hankies are not harmed in any way.



Wouldn't they be sweet tied to the back of chairs for decorations at a little girl's party and then given away as party favors?    


Hanky Dresses make great party decorations simply displayed on a string.


Here, I used a button magnet to attach the dress to a shabby chic white metal tray. A ball chain is attached to the tray so it can be hung as it is on this door with the aide of a removable stick-on plastic hook.


1 comment:

  1. Do you sell "Pattern No. 105/106 and Pattern No. 107/108" ?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from my readers!