Thursday, July 12, 2012

Little Kitten

 I call this one - My Little Kitten.

The vintage hanky that I made this from is very unique and possibly handmade. Usually women purchased plain linen hankies and and added the fancy edges. The stitching on the machine hem looks like a slightly longer stitch...that is why I think that the hanky may have been hand made as well.
The background fabric reads, "Busy bee at play all day."
It is framed in a refurbished sturdy wooden frame that has been altered to give it more of a shadow box effect.
This sweet little hanky was hand embroidered and finished with a pretty pink crocheted edge.

I chose three classic vintage buttons from my stash to accent the dress.

Perfectly vintage and so very unique!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from my readers!