Thursday, March 22, 2018

Daffodils and Jonquils are the March Birth Month Flowers

Is your birthday in March? If it is, then daffodils and jonquils are your birth month flowers. I had to do a little research on this one to figure out the difference.

According to the American Daffodil Society, a jonquil is one of the thirteen divisions of daffodils. Bloom color, size and shape, as well as foliage type, flowering schedule and number of blossoms to a stem, determine the classifications of over 25,000 registered hybrids. All of these perennials fall under the genus Narcissus. 

DAFFODIL - are the large-flowered varieties.
NARCISSUS - are the small-flowered and early-blooming types bearing clusters of blossoms.
JONQUIL - often have fragrant yellow flowers. 

Blooms are comprised of two parts: the perianth, made up of six outer petal segments, and the corona in the center, shaped like a trumpet or cup (depending on length). Besides the familiar yellow and white flowers, daffodils also come in orange, red, apricot, pink and cream. In some varieties, the perianth and corona are different colors or varying shades of the same color. Leaves may be flat and straight or narrow and spiky. 

Following are a few hankies with daffodils for your viewing enjoyment.

I decided this was a daffodil on this pretty yellow linen hanky. What do you think?

I was surprised to find several blue daffodils.

This is the sweetest little hanky. It measures only about nine inches square.

I found this pretty hanky in two color versions; the other has a blue background with pink, blue and yellow daffodils.

I think these daffodils are uniquely bold.

This may be my favorite. White/Yellow Daffodils on a pale blue linen background.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute hankies , I used to bring handkerchief everywhere I go. This is so nice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :

    Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Fashion Write For Us blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. his is really interesting, You’re a highly trained writer. I’ve joined with your feed and furthermore , count on witnessing the very good write-ups. Additionally, I’ve shared your websites with our social networks.

    Corset and Bustier Bra Top

    ReplyDelete

  4. I am so happy with everyone like Mega888 reddit
    . I forgot to tell you ... It's the lot that I gave you that I did not put cayenne pepper. As soon as the peppers are grown ... you will have to come with frozen with me ... it's pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen the post. Firstly, I wanted to say thank you for sharing this good writing content and it's useful to me. colourist logo

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from my readers!