Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Some St. Patrick's Day Fun with Vintage Hankies

A Little St. Patrick's Day Welcome!


Happy St. Patrick's Day - Hanky Hearts from the Hanky Dress Lady



I love to make Hanky Hearts almost as much as Hanky Dresses. These two were actually made for a client of mine. The photos show both the front and back sides of each with shamrocks on one side and buttons on the other side. (click to get a closeup view)  Both of these were made from just one handkerchief. You can use Hanky Hearts as door decorations, on a cabinet nob or almost anywhere you like. I slipped  one through the hanging loop of the other here to create a chain effect.

St. Patrick's Day Puzzle Handkerchief



This St. Patrick's Day hanky belongs to the same client...and what a lucky Irish lady she is! At first glance one might think it just a rather odd and old damaged hanky. Not so - this is a rare St. Patrick's Day Puzzle Handkerchief. I have a collection of Valentine Puzzle Hankies, but this is the first St. Patrick's Day Puzzle Hanky I have ever seen. When folded properly the lovely Irish shamrock design is revealed. It may be damaged but I think it is still a treasure.


Create a Hanky Bouquet for St. Patrick's Day



I don't have an ounce of Irish blood in me - but I do love the color green! You can create a hanky bouquet with all sorts of containers. Look around and see what you might have to work with and give it a go. You'll want to starch and iron those hankies to give them a little stiffness so the points will stand up and not flop over. Check out the close-ups below and let me know which is your favorite.








6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the magic you work on vintage hankies! Your hanky hearts are fabulous and I really enjoy how you decorated with the hankies on your mantel. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little shamrock hankies look so cute! Would love to hear how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Very Nice Post I really like This Post.Please share more post.
    blouse designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, this is a nice stuff and I had a great time reading your blog. ideal neckties for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs less than we do.

    (By the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    CLICK on this link to find out if this short quiz can help you discover your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy with everyone like Mega888 reddit
    . I forgot to tell you ... It's the lot that I gave you that I did not put cayenne pepper. As soon as the peppers are grown ... you will have to come with frozen with me ... it's pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from my readers!